Do You Have an Autoimmune Disease, Disorder, or Deficiency? Find Treatment for Autoimmune Diseases at Express Healing in Australia
If you’re looking for information about autoimmune diseases in Australia, Express Healing can help. We have assisted many patients in finding the treatments they need to promote natural healing and recovery from a variety of ailments including disorders of the immune system. Autoimmune disorders cause either over- or under-activity of the immune system. An autoimmune deficiency may decrease your ability to fight infection, while autoimmune overactivity means that the body attacks (and harms) its own tissues.
Types of Autoimmune Diseases
Autoimmune issues can cause a wide range of diseases. Some of the most common include:
- Rheumatoid arthritis. In patients with rheumatoid arthritis, the immune system attacks the joints, causing pain and inflammation and, eventually, permanent joint damage.
- Lupus. Lupus causes the immune system to produce antibodies that may attack tissues throughout the body; common problem areas include the lungs, joints, kidneys, and nerves.
- Inflammatory bowel disease. IBD is a disorder in which the immune system affects the intestinal lining, leading to a range of symptoms such as diarrhoea, abdominal pain, and weight loss. Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis are the two main types of IBD.
- Multiple sclerosis. Patients with MS have immune systems that attack nerve cells, resulting in any combination of pain, weakness, blindness, poor coordination, and more.
- Graves’ disease. In this disorder, antibodies stimulate the thyroid gland to produce too much thyroid hormone into the bloodstream. Symptoms can include weight loss, rapid heart rate, irritability or nervousness, and brittle hair.
- Myasthenia gravis. This disorder causes antibodies to attack nerves and render them unable to stimulate muscles properly. The main symptom of MG is muscle weakness, especially weakness that worsens with activity.
Causes of Autoimmune Diseases
Doctors do not always know the reason why a person has developed an autoimmune disorder. However, there are some theories. For example, autoimmune diseases are about twice as common in women as in men; certain ones are also more common in some ethnic groups than others. Other autoimmune disorders, such as lupus and MS, tend to run in families. Other suspected triggers include unhealthy diets and a lack of exposure to germs due to antiseptics and vaccines.
Symptoms of Autoimmune Disorders
Many autoimmune diseases share similar early symptoms, such as:
- Muscle aches
- Swelling and inflammation
- Tingling or numbness in the hands or feet
- Trouble concentrating
- Hair loss
- Skin problems
Individual disorders also usually come with their unique symptoms. For instance, people with IBD may notice abdominal pain and bloating while individuals with type 1 diabetes might experience weight loss and extreme thirst.
Autoimmune Disease Treatment Options
There are many autoimmune disease treatment options, but unfortunately, many of them involve strong pharmaceutical drugs with severe side effects. If you want to avoid taking conventional drugs or have already tried them and found that they either cause intolerable side effects or simply don’t work, call Express Healing. We use naturopathic medicines and treatments to help your body heal itself quickly and without side effects. If you need help with an autoimmune disorder, contact Express Healing today.